Nutti's muses

I read little bits of everything.  My mystery preference is cozy.  I enjoy science fiction, but do not have a science background.  And I'm a hobbit from wayback before I was old enough to vote.

Diamonds in the Shadow

Diamonds in the Shadow - Caroline B. Cooney Diamonds in the Shadow is an exciting and suspenseful book about what happens when an African refugee family ends up living with an American family in suburban Connecticut. Jared Finch, a typical American teenager does not want to be sharing his life or his room with a boy he has never met. The Amabo family seems overwhelmed by American life. They cannot believe generosity of the church for sponsoring them and the Finches for helping them acclimate to American life. As time goes on Jared begins to notice odd things about the Amabos’ and begins to wonder are these the people that the Finchs’ were suppose to host or had someone made a mistake? Diamonds in the Shadow is a book that deals with the realities of life in a war torn African country and it’s impact on it’s inhabitants.

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
The Power of Habit
Charles Duhigg
Seraphina
Rachel Hartman
No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller
Vaunda Micheaux Nelson, R. Gregory Christie