Nutti's muses

I read little bits of everything.  My mystery preference is cozy.  I enjoy science fiction, but do not have a science background.  And I'm a hobbit from wayback before I was old enough to vote.

The Madness Underneath

The Madness Underneath  - Maureen Johnson WARNING this book will refer to the first book in the series....so if you haven't read "In the Name of the Star" read this review at your own peril.....Ok, still with me. We pick up in book two as Rory is trying to recover from her attack by Jack the Ripper. She's trying to make sense of everything that's happened and in therapy. But how can you tell a therapist that a ghost tried to kill you?????? Most of the story takes place back in London when Rory goes back to school and again rooms with Jazza. However, this attack has changed Rory, she's not the same American teenager trying to fit in at a boarding school. She's been permanently changed....who is this new Rory and what will her life be like?This book is classic Maureen Johnson, however this series is a little darker than some of her other books. Still worth a read if you like Maureen Johnson and paranormal.

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
The Power of Habit
Charles Duhigg
Seraphina
Rachel Hartman
No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller
Vaunda Micheaux Nelson, R. Gregory Christie