Nutti's muses

I read little bits of everything.  My mystery preference is cozy.  I enjoy science fiction, but do not have a science background.  And I'm a hobbit from wayback before I was old enough to vote.

The Forgotten Affairs of Youth

The Forgotten Affairs of Youth - Alexander McCall Smith Isabel as usual has a whole host of notions running through her mind in this latest book. The strain of the cost of the journal to already cash strapped institutions. A submission from Professor Lettuce's nephew. Her strained relationship with her niece Cat after her engagement to Jaime. These are some of the smaller stories going on in the backdrop. The larger story is a fellow philosopher on sabbatical from Australia asks Isabel to help her find out about her birth parents, as she was adopted by a Scottish couple who later emigrated to Australia. The Sunday Philosophy Club series are not a traditional mystery. They are however, an interesting glimpse into ethics as an abstract. Quite enjoyable reading.

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
The Power of Habit
Charles Duhigg
Seraphina
Rachel Hartman
No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller
Vaunda Micheaux Nelson, R. Gregory Christie