Nutti's muses

I read little bits of everything.  My mystery preference is cozy.  I enjoy science fiction, but do not have a science background.  And I'm a hobbit from wayback before I was old enough to vote.

Jane Austen in Scarsdale

Jane Austen in Scarsdale - Paula Marantz Cohen Craig Johnson had been on my to read list for a long time. With the start of the A&E TV show Longmire it seemed like a good time to start reading him. My question after reading the first one is why did I wait so long. We meet Sheriff Walt Longmire sheriff of a small county in Wyoming. He has a bit of drinking problem, most likely after his time in the Marines in Vietnam. He is a widow and his only child is a lawyer out of state. There is very little crime in his neck of the woods. Some vandalism and people not respecting property lines, particularly when hunting is involved. The case that tears Walt up is the gang rape of Melissa an Indian girl suffering from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and the niece of his best friend. The boys are caught, but there sentence is a slap on the wrist for the severity of the crime. When the alpha male is found shot dead near the Reservation, Walt must investigate and try to keep the other boys alive.

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
The Power of Habit
Charles Duhigg
Seraphina
Rachel Hartman
No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller
Vaunda Micheaux Nelson, R. Gregory Christie