Nutti's muses

I read little bits of everything.  My mystery preference is cozy.  I enjoy science fiction, but do not have a science background.  And I'm a hobbit from wayback before I was old enough to vote.

Gunpowder Empire (Tor Science Fiction)

Gunpowder Empire - Harry Turtledove The Crosstime Traffic series is an interesting premise on alternate histories. In the 21st Century people go back in time to trade with the locals for food stuffs or other supplies needed in the 21st Century. Or on unpopulated worlds you can mine for minerals and oil without worrying about harming the ecosystem. Jeremy and Amanda Solters’ parents are traders from the 21st Century working in the Roman Empire. They trade pocket knives and straight edge razors for grain. Jeremy and Amanda join them over summer vacation. Until one summer, Jeremy’s mom becomes ill and has to go back to the 21st Century for medical care leaving Jeremy and Amanda to fend for themselves. Unfortunately, a war breaks out with the Lietuvans. Will Jeremy and Amanda ever get back to their own time?

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
The Power of Habit
Charles Duhigg
Seraphina
Rachel Hartman
No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller
Vaunda Micheaux Nelson, R. Gregory Christie