Nutti's muses

I read little bits of everything.  My mystery preference is cozy.  I enjoy science fiction, but do not have a science background.  And I'm a hobbit from wayback before I was old enough to vote.

Shatter Me

Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi I really really liked this book and I am not sure if I can articulate why. I liked Juliette's voice even if she was redacting the feelings in head. Juliette's world is harsh. When we meet her, she's been locked up. The prison was involuntary, but you sometimes got the sense that she was locked away for her own good as well as society in general. See if Juliette touches someone that person dies. She doesn't mean to do it but she can't control it. Juliette's world is one of decay. Humans have stripped any resources and the plant and animal life are dying off. When she meets Adam another prisoner, she slowly believes that she might be able to trust again. Will wait to see where the series will take us.

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
The Power of Habit
Charles Duhigg
Seraphina
Rachel Hartman
No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller
Vaunda Micheaux Nelson, R. Gregory Christie