Nutti's muses

I read little bits of everything.  My mystery preference is cozy.  I enjoy science fiction, but do not have a science background.  And I'm a hobbit from wayback before I was old enough to vote.

A Fistful of Collars: A Chet and Bernie Mystery

A Fistful of Collars - Spencer Quinn Bernie and Chet are so much fun. They have become my guilty pleasure. These books are narrated by Chet the Jet so you never get the sense that you're being told the whole story. Bernie's perhaps not the wisest human when it comes to finance, so when a big movie is being shot in the Valley Bernie jumps at the chance to provide security for the movie star Thad Perry. This job involves babysitting and hand holding to make sure Thad doesn't have too much fun or get into too much trouble with the law. Bernie accepts the job with many reservations. As usual Bernie begins digging into Thad's past and getting him and Chet into an awful lot of trouble. We see less of Suzy in this story, but more Leda and Charlie. Enjoyable summer reading if you like your narration just a little skewed.

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
The Power of Habit
Charles Duhigg
Seraphina
Rachel Hartman
No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller
Vaunda Micheaux Nelson, R. Gregory Christie